Chris Carruth

You may want to directly contact the area's largest builders versus going
through the trade industry. Local planning and inspection departmetns keep
tabs of builders and can tell you who is stable, who is building like you
know what, and who is fading. They cannot endorse or recommend, but they
have the raw numbers from which you can figure it out.

"Heineken77" wrote in message
Hello,

I have opened my own garage door company, and I'm wondering if anyone
could offer me some advice on increasing business. I'm in Toronto, ON
Canada, and would really appreciate it if some of you could take a moment
and give me some advice.

At the moment, I'm focusing soley on the residential market. I'm
interested in gathering property management accounts who own and manage
townhouse complexes in order to do their service and installations. I
would also be interested in doing work for new developments, installing
new doors.

I'm considering joining an association, however I don't know what the best
association would be in order to expand my clientele, especially in terms
of the property management firms that manage townhouse complexes etc.

At the moment, the two associations I've found a
http://www.newhomes.org (Toronto Home Builder's Association) and
http://www.tcanetworks.com/ (Toronto Construction Association).

Even after reading through the available information, I'd still like to
hear from some who are either in my position, or who have been part of an
association themselves, and can offer me some insight on their experience,
and how much it actually helped their business flow to justify the cost of
membership.

I'd really enjoy reading any input any of you folks can offer on this, or
any other advice you would be willing to offer.

Thank you very much for your time!
Arjay