HA HA Budys Here

From: Matt Whiting

Bill wrote:

If I was a developer building 50 new homes, I would want to cut expenses
anywhere possible and install 14 ga. wire/15 amp everywhere unless 12
ga./20 amp was required by code. A few dollars saved times 50 homes can add
up to a big savings and more profit!

This is true with the typical ignorant home buyer,

What is the % of homes wired with 15a circuits as the norm as allowed by code,
usually within developments by builders, (all apparently owned by
"ignoramases") as opposed to the % of the fantasy "spec grade" home you live in
or would only consider?

but folks like me
wouldn't buy your house so your profit would be negative! :-) And when
I saw the panel full of 15A breakers, I'd know you were a second or
third tier builder and wonder what other corners you had cut.

Matt

Wow, a top-of-the-line "1st tier custom homebuilder." We're dancing with the
electrical construction Gods now... Excuse me while I get back to wiring the
new World Trade Center.

Which by the way, has 15a lighting circuits.