brian s

Would kraft faced insulation be ok?

"jhill" wrote in message
Yes. I built a wookroom inside a metal building and put 2 foot high
pegboard above all the workbenches, drywall everywhere else. Set the top
of
the pegboard as high as I could reach comfortably. In this case, I had to
put shims between the 1/4" thick pegboard and the studs so it would come
out
flush to the 1/2 inch thick drywall.
The only thing I wish I had done is fasten the pegboard to the studs with
screws so I could easly replace a damaged section, and, the pegboard
flexes
in and out between the studs, so the joint at top and bottom between the
drywall and the edge of the pegboard rubs and flakes off the drywall. I
should have put blocking horizontally between the studs at that joint. If
you are not going to put wallboard next to the pegboard, then you would
not
have this problem.
"brian s" wrote in message
Unfinished garage. I just stapled insulation and added electrical.

Can pegboard be attached w/o drywall been behind it? I have about 30'
wall I would like to have 24' of pegboard.

Thanks