Greg G.

Sam said:

Greg G. wrote in message . ..

For 1/16" blades, I use homemade solid oak blocks soaked in WD-40 with
the blade fully imbedded.

Greg G.

I used to have a sawmill with a 52" circular blade and always used
deer horn for the blade stabilizer as it seem to have the "oil" built
in and never overheated.

That is interesting, I've never tried deer horn. Probably never will,
however, because I don't have any deer horn in my scrap pile. ;-)

SWMBO would have a fit if she saw me stalking a deer for it's horns -
she's more likely to be caught feeding them apples. Not that either
is very likely, 'cause we live in a large, overcrowded metro city.

You know, now that I think about it, I remember hearing about a
herd(?) of deer trapped on I-75 in downtown Atlanta by the access
control fences and unable to escape. Made a mess of rush hour.
That's it - Road kill! ;-) Perhaps I'll get to try DH after all...

Greg G.