Jeff Wisnia

William Brown wrote:

I keep mine in a spare refrigerator. In the very early spring, a few
weeks before seeding time, put a small sample on a moist paper towel,
fold up the paper towel and put it in a sealed plastic bag, like a
sandwich bag, then check it two or three weeks later to get an idea of
how many of the seeds germinated. If it is a good number, use the seed;
if few germinated, get new seed.

OK wrote:

Is it possible to save an opened bag of grass seed for next spring?
If so,
how would you store it over the winter?

Thanks

You can also use the time honored method of just sprinkling the seeds on
the surface of some water in a cup or glass. It'll float, and if it does
germinate, you'll see it happening.

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"