stuart noble

LOL... I am definately looking for the low stress option! Thanks for
the tips though, I am now feeling more optimisitic about being able to
do this job. It looks like ensuring I have the correct materials
(mixed to appropriate consistency) is the key... and having the help
of all you kind people!

IMO the low stress way is to fill the floor roughly first. Use a length of
2x1 to check levels with doorways etc and leave a little more than a tile
thickness gap. Pin another piece of wood to it and you can use it to tamp
the stuff down. It needs to be flat but not necessarily level.