zxcvbob

Eric Ryder wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

If I was a developer building 50 new homes, I would want to cut expenses
anywhere possible and install 14 ga. wire/15 amp everywhere unless 12
ga./20 amp was required by code. A few dollars saved times 50 homes can
add
up to a big savings and more profit!

If I was a developer building my *own* home, all 120 V outlets and
lighting
would be 20 amp with 12 ga. wire.

Electrical contractors save $$ by using the 14 ga backstabs (these things
suck) on the outlets. No more 12 ga ones made.

There *are* 12 gauge ones made in "spec grade" (Ten gauge, actually.) I
really like them. You stab the wire in the back and then tighten the
side screw to clamp it in place. It's almost as fast as the old
spring-loaded stab connectors, but it's reversible and it's at least as
secure as the side screw terminals. But they cost over $1 per device.

Bob