jeff

"W. Scott Wohlgemuth" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I have a 4 year old Frigidaire Stainless steel front dishwasher model
FDB989GF. The lower heating element must have come loose from the clips and
melted a hole in the lower part of the tub. This is a one piece tub and I
have the PDF instruction manual that shows me how to change it.

I'd be interested in seeing this PDF file!!

My question
is:

A) is there a glue or epoxy that is even worth trying to fix the tub liner
in the environment of a dishwasher

Yes, it would have to be food grade since the things you put in there
you will be eating off of! One things about patching is it never an
100% repair, the patch often wears or become weak and a leak could
occur....if you want to take a chance at a floor or water damage,
there are some products available to try a patch job.

B) Could anyone estimate the time it would take to replace the liner as
opposed to purchasing a new dishwasher. I would be doing the replacement
myself so it would be cost of parts + my own labor rate.

Never changed a plastic liner one yet, on the older metal liners ones
it would take me about 4-5 hours to remove all items and to transfer
them over to the new liner.
To R&R a d/w it is often about 30-60 minutes ( as long as the original
install was done correctly ).

Any comments or experience in this would be greatly appreciated, via email
or post here.

Have you contacted Frigidaire? They have replaced some of these with
the burnt holes in the liner.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/