Battleax

"Preston Andreas" wrote in message
You are using the wrong bit to drill the pilot hole. Cut the head off one
of the finish nails, chuck it into your drill and use it to drill your

pilot
hole.

That's quite absurd. A nail will not drill into solid oak, a nail is not a
drill bit.

Preston
"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I am building Norm's router table. He finshes the edges of the plywood
carcass with 3/4" x 3/4" oak trim. I have done this before on another
project but I glued and clamped it. Since this is not a piece of

furniture
and there was a lot of trim to put on I decided to use glue and 3D

finishing
nails. I drilled pilot holes for each of the nails but 50% of them bent

and
I had to do them again. I wonder if I should have been using a different

I'd appreciate your suggestions for the future. I don't plan on buying a
brad nailer anytime soon so I need to figure out how to solve this

problem
for the next project I do that needs nailing through oak.

TIA.

Dick Snyder