Greg G.

said:

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:08:02 -0400, Greg G. wrote:

Bob G. said:

Try experimenting with different blade hights..and feed rates...

The lower the blade the less dust flys right at you... the slower the
feed rate the less flys at you...

After playing around in my shop I have settled on a high blade and a
comfortable feed rate and the HELL with the sawqdust..

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is that if your fence is not
perfectly parallel to the blade, or *very* slightly toed out .010" or
so, the rear of the blade will send far more shavings at you than if
adjusted properly.

FWIW,

Greg G.

and if you're not careful it'll send more than shavings...

Yepper!

Greg G.