Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Default When to use 15A vs. 20A circuits (and #14 vs #12 wire)?

We are about to install several new circuits as we upgrade the
electrical systems in this very old house.

- For "normal" rooms (i.e. not kitchen, bathroom, garage, workshop, or
outdoors), should one go with standard 15A circuits or should one put
in 20A "just in case"?

- Even if you just put in 15A breakers and receptacles now, does it pay
to pull through #12 wire just in case you ever later want to
upgrade?

- How big is the difference in price for wiring (per foot) and for
circuit breakers?

Thanks,
Jeff