On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:35:19 -0400, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

I am building Norm's router table. He finshes the edges of the plywood
carcass with 3/4" x 3/4" oak trim. I have done this before on another
project but I glued and clamped it. Since this is not a piece of furniture
and there was a lot of trim to put on I decided to use glue and 3D finishing
nails. I drilled pilot holes for each of the nails but 50% of them bent and
I had to do them again. I wonder if I should have been using a different

I'd appreciate your suggestions for the future. I don't plan on buying a
brad nailer anytime soon so I need to figure out how to solve this problem
for the next project I do that needs nailing through oak.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

just glue and clamps is better.