GregP

Default Painting joists in the basement

This is probably not the right group for this, but I decided
to ask anyway since a lot of people here know wood very
well. I have a Boris Karloff basement, one of those with
stone walls, exposed joists, spider webs, and - unfortunately-
some mold. We tackled the mold last week. I am going
to paint the stone walls with anti-somethingorother paint.
I was thinking of also putting a coat on the overhead joists.
Would that cause any problems in the long run ? I would
put on only one coat, so I assume that that, plus all of the
cracks, gaps, etc will still let vapor pass through.

thanks...