Art

A lot of dishwashers guarantee their tubs forever. You might double check
yours before taking it apart. I think with the maytag, for example, if the
tub ever leaks they replace the whole dishwasher free..... and the warranty
is for a very long time.

"W. Scott Wohlgemuth" wrote in message
I have a 4 year old Frigidaire Stainless steel front dishwasher model
FDB989GF. The lower heating element must have come loose from the clips
and
melted a hole in the lower part of the tub. This is a one piece tub and I
have the PDF instruction manual that shows me how to change it. My
question
is:

A) is there a glue or epoxy that is even worth trying to fix the tub liner
in the environment of a dishwasher

or

B) Could anyone estimate the time it would take to replace the liner as
opposed to purchasing a new dishwasher. I would be doing the replacement
myself so it would be cost of parts + my own labor rate.

Any comments or experience in this would be greatly appreciated, via email
or post here.

Regards,

Scott