Phil Munro

I would guess that one of the receptacles in the sunroom is a GFI,
and it has tripped. It will be the one controlling all the receptacles
in that new room. See if you can find it, and reset it.
GFIs are great, but they are also a consternation to people who are
not aware of what they do and how ONE of them can control OTHER plugs.
--Phil

germaninal wrote:

The weirdest thing happened in our sunroom, and we can't figure out
what's wrong. Any input is appreciated!

A few days ago, all the receptacles quit working. The ceiling fan and
light works though. This sunroom used to be our covered patio and when
it was a patio, there were two receptacles that were put in when the
house was built. When we added the sunroom, two more receptacles were
put in, but they are connected to a receptacle in the adjoining
bedroom (the receptacle in the bedroom works just fine). So in other
words, there are four receptacles in our sunroom, two of them get
their electricity from one source, the other two get theirs from
another source. These two sources are working just fine, yet neither
one of the four receptacles in the sunroom works, and they quit
working one from day to the next.

Where should we start trying to figure out what the problem is?

Thank you to everybody for their (hopefully helpful) expert opinion!
Angela

Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555