Leonard Lopez

I, for one, would like to see the results of your trials and
tribulations. Dust collection is an important health issue that need to
be resolved for woodworkers.

Len
----------

Bob wrote:

"Newshound" wrote in message
om...

little disappointed with the collection on the tablesaw. There is so much
sawdust thrown on top of the table and on me! I'm guessing this will get
worse with a zero clearance insert.

You guessed right. It will get worse - much worse.

There are probably plenty of folks out
there with this exact combo. Any tips on ways to improve collection,

other

than an overhead guard?

I've resolved the problem to my satisfaction, but you have to really hate
sawdust to like my set up. I've been studying the topic and prototyping for
months. My dust collection is so good now that I don't even use the
overhead air filter in my shop. I live in Houston with some warm humid
weather. That combination with sawdust all over me made woodworking
intolerable. I hated it.

I'll be glad to post some pics, if anyone is interested. I'm sure a lot of
folks will throw rocks, but its an individual value thing.

Bob