Lee Hurd

Thanks, that should calm things down as the owner above is only being a
donkey because they have no money to spare.

Lee
"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
Lee Hurd wrote:

My deadbeat upstairs neighbor has a plastic or fiberglass tub which

flexes
so that when the user steps on or near the drain, it stresses the joint

at
the main drainpipe causing a leak. The neighbor obviously doesn't want

remove the tub, and the pipe is accessible through the new hole in my
bathroom cieling caused by the leaking, it's only a sheetrock panel in a
large floor to cieling closet. My thought was to chop out a section of

the
copper drainpipe and replace it with hose or something. Is there any

other
way to get a cheap fix? I don't think there's enough workroom to brace

the
pipe without removing the tub.

Also, I replaced some vents on my steam radiators, unfortunately the

brand I
got makes a pinging sound as it operates loud enough to wake me up when

the
heat comes on at night. A total shot in the dark, but can anybody

mention a
brand that is quieter?

Thanks for any advice,

Lee

Yes, rubber "Mission" coupling would be perfect.
This is the style with 2 hose clamps, rather than a single
large stainless band. You might find them at HD, else a
plumbing supply house. Caliper the OD of the pipe first.
You may have to caulk the drain fitting where it meets the tub,
if that's what is leaking.

Jim