Upscale

wrote in message

the thing is, Wooddorking is a term native to the wreck. it was penned
as a typo by one of our regulars some 5 or 6 years ago. I don't
remember _who_ it was, but I remember the post. Here it is a term of
endearment and frankly a badge of honor. you may use it as a
derogatory, and outside of the wreck you'd probably be understood, but
here it would be a misuse of the term.

I have to agree. It depends on the context in which the word is used. Here
in this NG, I've always taken it to simply mean, "one who works with wood".
Whether the project turns out fine or is a pile of junk is irrelevant, it's
just a familial name that one applies to themselves or a fellow woodworker.