Bill Rubenstein

Assuming that what you have still works, I suggest that you save for a while more and use
what you have for now. Every machine on that list will limit you severely. Can you quit
smoking and put the money in a lathe pot? That way you could kill two birds with one stone.

Bill

In article outcrafting.com,
says...
Good news, the wife says I can buy tools.....BAD news, not enough money for
everything I want (imagine that)
I want a new lathe. Here are some of the choices I am looking at and I
need some real world help.
Harbor freight (don't laugh, I have a small one now and it has been great
for what I have asked it to do)
Harbor Freight 34706 (12", varible speed) on sale $180
Harbor Freight 90265 (15", variable speed, looks like a knockoff of the
Craftsman 15") $399
Craftsman 15" VS lathe $449
Delta 14" $550

I know the Delta is good. But does anyone have experience with the other
tools? All advise is welcome and appreciated.