Capitol

Default OT: Netiquette (Was [OT] Car insurance craziness)

I quite liked that!
Regards
Capitol
parish wrote in message ...
Capitol wrote:
OK, just to clarify the definition of "say 98%". I was referring to
consumer market PCs. This, I think, is "uk.d-i-y" newsgroup, which to me
means that it is a hopefully skilled, amateur, consumer oriented public
forum. I've never seen a consumer oriented PC using other than Microsoft
being sold over the past 3 years in the English(sometimes!) speaking
markets. Walmart have tried to sell various flavours of Linux, but the
penetration is too low to register.

Sounds like a M$ press release to me :-)

As I said, if the number of participants
is less than the nominal 98% then the group is failing to attract a wide
enough user base. This may suit the current users, but all organisations

No, what it shows is that the majority of posters to this NG are smarter
than your average PC user.

which I have seen which did not maximise their market penetration have
failed to survive!
Anyway, it's been most entertaining.
OT- I found a pack of 60 Stanley knife blades in the local £ shop

yesterday,

Look, I know that you've lost face here, but this isn't Japan, there's
no need to commit hari-kiri(sp?)!

someone may be interested. Sorry Geoff, I don't think they travel down
wires.
Regards
Capitol