Fogbank

(Dave) wrote in message m...
I'm considering a simple home addition and would like to be able to
come up with a simple rough estimate. The house is single storey with
a peaky A-frame attic and is 30 ft wide at the base of the end that I
would be extending. I would like to take that end out another 24 feet.
That means-

80 lineal feet of concrete footing.
80 lineal feet of exterior framing and sheathing.
1350 square feet of rough flooring.
875 square feet of roof and roofing.

If I carry on like this and calculate the materials cost at Home Depot
prices will that result in a somewhat meaningful number?

Thanks!

Dave

if you bring in some sort of a plan to home depot they would give you
an exact dollar figure pending fluctuating building material cost.