John Hines

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message

That is the biggest difference between homeowner and pro tools, the
latter have a service network to keep them going,

Don't you think the inside of the tools may differ a bit when the price
doubles?

Certainly. My point is, pro tools are expected to be serviced and
repaired, and kept running. Home owner tools are more disposable, and
less thought is made for servicing them.

When I buy my tools at http://www.thetoolman.com (they are local to me),
and a Milwaukee service center, I know they will stand behind them,
more than a box store.

I certainly don't expect the same from the no-name (house brand)
imports, but they don't cost the same either.

Pros and consumers have differing goals with tools, and totally
differing opinions on price vs reliability and such.