Mary Fisher

"Graham Saunders" wrote in message
After a break of about 4 years (moved to a new house, very little DIY to
be done, Hurrah!), I'm back to lurking here (house looking shabby after 4
years, and the missus wants to change everything around :-(

Anyway, I've been using some new DIY gadgets that I dont remember being
around ~4 years ago (does the world change that fast??)

1. Spray on pipe freezer. Stick a collar around a pipe, spray in some
stuff from a can a wait a little bit. An ice plug forms in the pipe which
is good for 5 bar for 45 minutes, so you can cut the pipes and do what you
need to do without any hassle. Fab! I had to replace a tap, and since I
dont have any service valves (cheapskate developers, grr!) and I'm to
scared to go anywhere near the megaflow moster in the airing cupboard, it
just about saved me from loads of hassle. About £10 for a kit in B&Q,
which seems enough for a good few months of DIY plumbing.

That's not new! Good though.

Mary