On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:04:23 -0400, "orangetrader"
wrote:

Now I need to buy a new mail box and post. Question is how can I build a
new post? Do I need to dig a deep hole, pour some concrete in and stick in
an iron post? Is this the best way?

I just put up a new mailbox. The old post rotted out. If you
have some post hole diggers, just buy a pressure treated post and drop
it in. It helps to have a tamper too. Pack the dirt around as you
fill hole back in, will last for years. Cheaper than the Lowe,s etc.
ready made mailboxes. Doesn,t look as nice though!