Bo Williams

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

I have a Panasonic drill for $200 that is more powerful, lighter, has better
speed control, a one hand operating chuck, better feel overall.

I was all set to buy a Panasonic when my DeWalt DW972 died, but then
Costco had the NOS DW972 kit--the drill, the charger, two batteries, and
the case--for $67. So I had to buy another one. I'm already heavily
invested in DeWalt 12V stuff anyway, and I *do* like the drill, so it
made sense.

Panasonic does make killer cordless drills.

They Ryobi is good for the guy that drill a hole a month and drive four
screws a month. You don't see them being used very often by the pros though.

I used a 12V Ryobi around the house two or three times a month and it
was fine. Then I rebuilt/extended a 200' picket fence with it, and it
still worked, but it was noticeably weaker. I gave it to my sister when
she bought a house, and I think it did fine for her for another year or so.
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/