PaPaPeng

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:05:43 -0400, willshak
wrote:

You forgot another option. If you have to do some work way out in the
back yard and you don't have an extension cord long enough, you can drag
the generator out there to power the air compressor that you dragged out
there, so you can use the air driven tool. :-)

Uhuh. The voltage drop from using a long extension chord was enough
to trip the breaker frequently. Plus I hate having to unravel a long
reel of cord and rewind afterwards. Did that for some years because I
was using an electric lawn mower. I've a gas powered one now. If it
drizzles its unsafe to use electrical (mains) tools outside.

On air tools use a long hose. There is no pressure drop and the tools
work at full power at any location. There doesn't exist a tool that
will do everything. My electric screw driver and cordless drill are
indispensible tools. It'll be crazy to drag around a compressor and
break out the pneumatic tools for such simple tasks. But for many
other applications pneumatic tools are ideal and a joy to use.