Al Kondo

Default Need advice on laying sewer line in backyard

I have been having problems with my sewer line in my backyard. In the
past, I have made some spot repairs (i.e., replacing sections of
ceramic pipe that cracked with PVC pipe). With the continuing
problems, I have decided to replace the entire length of ceramic pipe
with PVC. I have uncovered about 20 feet of pipe and found problems
with roots, cracled pipe and poor slope. I am glad I am doing this
as these problems would continue otherwise.

My questions a

1. Are there any web sites for the diy'er that describes all the
details of replacing sewer pipe? I have conducted my searches using
Google and have not come up with anything. I thought that if I
could get a detailed description, I might pick up some pointers that I
am not now considering.

2. I read somewhere that I should surround the newly laid pipe with
stones. Is this really necessary? My current pipe is not sitting in
a bed of stones as was suggested.

I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions on this job.

Thanks, Al Kondo