Edwin Pawlowski

"Greg" wrote in message

In fact, I'm trying to wrap my brain around the idea of getting a nail
gun, which I assumed would have to be an air tool. But now I see that
there are some models that use a fuel cell instead. I'm wondering if
they might be a good choice for my needs. (sporadic, home handyman
stuff). If I don't need a tether, I'm happy to do without it.

Greg Guarino

An air sander needs lot of air to operate OTOH, a nail gun needs very
little and only for a second at a time. Two options. Buy a small portable
compressor. Porter Cable has some kits that have the nail gun and a pancake
compressor that is a great starting tool.

The other option is a portable air tank that you'd fill from the shop
compressor. It is good for probably 75 or 100 shots before you'd have to
re-fill it.

As for other tools, I'm not at all interested in air because of the
restrictions and the size compressor I'd need to operate them. I have
battery drills and like them very much. I have air nailers, but they are
used only in the shop.
Ed