willshak

Greg wrote:

PaPaPeng wrote in message . ..

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:49:50 -0400, "Harry"
wrote:

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup (if not, can someone point me to
the appropriate one?), but I'm thinkong of relacing all my old (B&D) power
tolls, and with all the choices nowadays, I was hoping for some suggestions
(Ver speed drill, cordless driver, reciprocating saw, skill saw, jig
saw,...) the works.

Other than for circular hand saws go pneumatic tools for everything
else. They are light, safe, self cleaning, variable power and don't
burn out when they stall. Plus you get tools that electric powered
ones can't do.

Everyone has different preferences, I guess. Although I don't have
much experience with air tools, I imagine they might be OK for a fixed
location. But do you really drag a compressor up to your bathroom (or
maybe a really long hose through the house) just to put up a shelf, or
hang a picture?

The power source for my tools is either IN the tool (cordless), or
available in every room of my house (outlets). The convenience of a
cordless drill is such that I hardly ever turn a screw by hand
anymore. I doubt that I would find an air tool so handy.

In fact, I'm trying to wrap my brain around the idea of getting a nail
gun, which I assumed would have to be an air tool. But now I see that
there are some models that use a fuel cell instead. I'm wondering if
they might be a good choice for my needs. (sporadic, home handyman
stuff). If I don't need a tether, I'm happy to do without it.

Greg Guarino

You forgot another option. If you have to do some work way out in the
back yard and you don't have an extension cord long enough, you can drag
the generator out there to power the air compressor that you dragged out
there, so you can use the air driven tool. :-)