TURTLE

"Harry" wrote in message
rvers.com...
"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Harry" wrote in message
vers.com...
I don't know if this is the right newsgroup (if not, can someone point me to
the appropriate one?), but I'm thinkong of relacing all my old (B&D) power
tolls, and with all the choices nowadays, I was hoping for some suggestions
(Ver speed drill, cordless driver, reciprocating saw, skill saw, jig saw,...)
the works.

This is Turtle.

Look the tools that you have and look at the age and how well they held up.
Pick the name of the tools you have that you think held up the best and use
that brand. I use to use nothing but the high dollar stuff in my HVAC
business but I've come to the conclusion that B & D and Skill run just like
the other if you really take care of them. Now I do still use the Porter
Cable recept saw for they seem to hold up the best.

Actually, everything I have is B&D. They were very popular for the home
owner/amateur fixer-upper 25 yrs ago ;-) You are the first person to say
thet even the cheaper brands will do well if you take good care of them. So,
may be I should ust replace the failing tools with the same brand. Hmm... not
a bad idea.

Thanks.

This is Turtle.

I use these tools in my HVAC business and I give them hell and they seem to do
well.

---Corded Drill 3/8" B & D .
---Cordless drill 18 volt B & D but use to use Porter Cable & DeWalt but they
cost more and I get the same time frame out of the B & D.
---circle saw 7.5" Corded Skill.
---Recept saw Porter cable corded is good but Milwakee sure is nice.
---Jig Saw B & D .

These are the ones i see that will last me for 2 to 3 years but I can buy the
high dollar stuff and go maybe 3 or 4 years. The price of the high dollar stuff
it just too great to pay when I get very little time difference out of the ones
listed here.

This is some ideal for heavy use and very abusive to them when working with
them.

TURTLE