Harry

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:mE7fd.3568$PZ4.788@trndny07...

"Harry" wrote in message news:c47a2
Actually, everything I have is B&D. They were very popular for the home
owner/amateur fixer-upper 25 yrs ago ;-) You are the first person to
say
thet even the cheaper brands will do well if you take good care of them.
So, may be I should ust replace the failing tools with the same brand.
Hmm... not a bad idea.

B & D is not the same quality today. I'd pass over them but they may hold
up for the occasional user. You won't see any tradesmen using them today.

That seems to be the trend, in general... I've actually gotten lots of
interesting responses, in this newsgroup, which is great. Based on what I've
seen so far, I think I'm better off spending a bit more and getting
makita(s) or equivalent.