Set Square

Default 2nd opinion on plumbing into drains

Big Al - The Peoples Pal wrote:

Had a local plumber around to quote for a job and surprisingly enough
he didn't really want hassle of actually carrying it out, as he was
up to his eyeballs in work. He proferred some advice to me about
where to run the drainage and that it was a easy-ish DIY job. He
then left and said if I ran into any problems actually carrying it
out to give him a shout.

The 2nd opinion I want is in regard to:

Water from a washing machine going into a Soakaway drain rather than
the (presumably) Foul water drain that the sink water currently
drains into. The plumber recommended using the soakaway rather than
the more awkward problems I would have getting the drainage to the
foul water drain. I would tend disagree with him on gut instinct, as
it might cause some pollution problems.

So I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction,
before I make an expensive mistake.

TIA

I can't quote chapter and verse, but it's certainly very undesirable - and
probably illegal - to put washing machine output water into a soakaway
rather than a foul drain.
--
Cheers,
Set Square