Andy Hall wrote:
On 25 Oct 2004 12:37:38 GMT, wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On 25 Oct 2004 08:20:50 GMT,
wrote:

As I've said, it depends on what a person's purchase criteria are.
If it's purely price, that's fine, but at least understand the
implications of buying on price.

You were originally trying to persuade us that fast chargers on
cheap/generic cordless tools wouldn't be 'intelligent' in any way.

Some clearly are, as you say, although the quality may be
questionnable. I've certainly see fast chargers for cheap tools
that have nothing much more than a rectifier and resistor.

How is the target customer who doesn't understand about electronics
going to know?

I don't know, did I say they would? :-)

I suspect the trend will be towards 'proper' fast chargers simply
because of the cheapness of providing them. So buy a recent model.

--
Chris Green