Andy Hall

On 25 Oct 2004 12:37:38 GMT, wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On 25 Oct 2004 08:20:50 GMT,
wrote:

As I've said, it depends on what a person's purchase criteria are.
If it's purely price, that's fine, but at least understand the
implications of buying on price.

You were originally trying to persuade us that fast chargers on
cheap/generic cordless tools wouldn't be 'intelligent' in any way.

Some clearly are, as you say, although the quality may be
questionnable. I've certainly see fast chargers for cheap tools
that have nothing much more than a rectifier and resistor.

How is the target customer who doesn't understand about electronics
going to know?

While I may (or may not) agree with what you said in this last posting
I don't see what it has to do with my original comment (and findings)
relating to fast chargers on cheap tools.

Because if you buy a good quality tool with good quality (and more
expensive) batteries to match from a manufacturer with a brand
reputation, he is not going to risk that with a crappy charger.

However, the main points are the costs of the batteries - decent ones
do cost good money - no way around that - that influence performance
and longevity of the product.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl