Andy Hall wrote:
On 25 Oct 2004 08:20:50 GMT, wrote:

You're not seriously trying to persuade me that the PCBs, chips, etc.
used in 'expensive' tools aren't assembled in the Far East are you?

Of course not. However products can be manufactured to differing
specifications and quality levels (in both senses of the word) and
using different labour skill levels and component quality levels.

For example, Makita have manufacturing plants under their control and
run to their quality standards in mainland China as well as in other
parts of the world, all backed up with spares and service worldwide.

The generic tools come from OEM factories and are built to the spec.
and price point (both linked to volume) of the retailer. Quality
control, in both senses is secondary to the above, and spares and
service typically limited to agreed return rates.

As I've said, it depends on what a person's purchase criteria are.
If it's purely price, that's fine, but at least understand the
implications of buying on price.

You were originally trying to persuade us that fast chargers on
cheap/generic cordless tools wouldn't be 'intelligent' in any way.

While I may (or may not) agree with what you said in this last posting
I don't see what it has to do with my original comment (and findings)
relating to fast chargers on cheap tools.

--
Chris Green