Brikp

Harry - Might I suggest a slightly different approach.

Buy tools as you need them. When you need them buy the best quality you can
afford while considering the cost and actual likely use. Pneumatic is good.
Milwaukee, Makita are good. Cordless are good, corded are good. There are
too many options. If you post over on rec.woodworking at least one person
will ask you for the what do you need the tool for. The responses wont be
too helpful.

I'll give you an example. I am building a small shaker style end table. One
drawer, 18"x19" top and delicate tapered legs. There is this particular tool
that will be helpful in this endeavor and I will invest in it. For project
this its just a scraper, under $10, but I haven't needed one to date. I also
need a particular router bit with a profile I do not have.

You get the point.

If you MUST go and get an assortment of power tools I would consider the
Milwaukee 18v combo kit.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=hi&n=507846

Dewalt is made by B&D.

Have fun

"Harry" wrote in message
vers.com...
I don't know if this is the right newsgroup (if not, can someone point me
to the appropriate one?), but I'm thinkong of relacing all my old (B&D)
power tolls, and with all the choices nowadays, I was hoping for some
suggestions (Ver speed drill, cordless driver, reciprocating saw, skill
saw, jig saw,...) the works.