HorneTD

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message

- orangetrader -

Now I need to buy a new mail box and post. Question is how can I

build a

new post?

- Nehmo -
Anything by the side of a road has the potential to be hit by a vehicle
going off the road. A conscientious mail box installer plans for this
possibility, and the first concern is that an impact of vehicle and the
mail box & post doesn't kill anybody. Modern street light poles are
break-away. Make your mail box post with similar forethought. Make it
weak, brittle, or flexible.

Make the post of PVC, ABS, fiberglass rod, or a 2x2. If a car breaks the
mail box down, that's what was supposed to happen.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

This is bull****. It some drunk hits my mailbox, I want to help encourage
him to meet his maker.

I have a friend out on a country road who used to lose his mail box to
joy-riding good ol' boys every other saturday night. Finally, he fixed it
good: He got a 6" heavy steel "I" beam, sunk it into about 3.5 feet of
concrete, and covered it with a thin veneer of bark to make it look like an
ol tree limb. The next sunday morning, he found tracks in the mud leading
up to his mailbox, with a couple of scrapes on the bark, antifreeze all over
the ground, and broken glass and turn signal lens laying all around.

If some ******* hits my mailbox, I want to make sure he know it.

I for one draw the line at setting out to kill or maim someone who hits
my mailbox unintentionally. Anything that is in the public easement
should be constructed to minimize injury to the occupants of a motor
vehicle in the event of a collision with that object. If the box is
mounted out of the easement then I suppose it is your business.
--
Tom H