Harry

"Phisherman" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:49:50 -0400, "Harry"
wrote:

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup (if not, can someone point me
the appropriate one?), but I'm thinkong of relacing all my old (B&D) power
tolls, and with all the choices nowadays, I was hoping for some
suggestions
(Ver speed drill, cordless driver, reciprocating saw, skill saw, jig
saw,...) the works.

Why? The old B&D power tools were well-built. I still have a B&D
palm sander. Last year my 35 year old B&D died, and I replaced it
with a Milwaukee that has a larger chuck. Makita brand power tools
are very good. Porter Cable, Bosch and DeWalt are better than
average. Cordless tools are rather expensive and it is rare they last
longer than a few years. In recent years I have been moving toward
pneumatic tools rather than cordless.

Some of them need replacing (triggers broken, etc.) I actually took a look
at B&D again, but was told that they are no longer considered a "good"
brand, just like Skill, Ryobi, etc. Makita seems to be a brand many are
quck to recommend. You are the second person to mention pneumatic tools.
I'll have to take a look at them.