Master TV

"Sparkchaser" sparkie@(email protected) wrote in message alkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I know that Mr. Lee did not supply any technical information but he did
supply enough for someone that has seen these symptoms to recognize them
immediately. I too have a June 2002 unit and it has the exact same
problem. I also have some experience in troubleshooting televisions but
why would I want to troubleshoot this particular problem when it seems
that this is a common fail and hopefully someone has came up with a fix
for it already. I cannot speak for Mr. Lee but I know for certain that is
exactly what I am hoping for. If someone does know of a fix for this
problem I would greatly appreciate any and all information that is
provided.

I would lean towards flyback....Best check would be to scope collector
of horizontal output and look for ringing in waveform rather than a
nice clean parabola. See if B+ drops than maybe disconnect collector
and see if it stays normal. Make sure there's no shorts on secondary.
Though both sets have same problem it's probably not well known cause
not alot of these sets get fixed. But, some basic understanding of
electronics and a descent scope would allow a do it yourselfer to
repair this set at a resonable cost.