Tom Veatch

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:48:44 +0000, (Robert Bonomi)
wrote:

2 ga. copper is the -smallest- you should consider using.

I tend to go on the basis of "figure out what the requirements are, and go
one size larger", so I'd likely run #1 in that situation. grin

As you know, materials cost for a project like this is trivial, relative to
the labor effort involved -- some 'over engineering' is 'cheap insurance' for
handling expanded future needs.

Thanks for the comments. I've still got a lot of "figure out what the
requirements are" calculating to do before I commit. My 100amp figure is
straight off the wall and may wind up either being serious overkill or woefully
inadequate. All I really know is that the current service won't do.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA