put \RP\ in front of the 77469 to reply

My recommendation would be to skip the finish completely and just nail on some flat aluminum
sheeting. Use aluminum roofing nails so there is no contrast in the finish. This will buff up nice
and shiny.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:00:43 -0400, "Bruce Brooks" wrote:

I have just completed the construction of a solid cherry table, with a 1 1/2
inch thick, single plank top about 2 1/2 by 4 feet, three drawers underneath
the top and a full length shelf about 6 inches off the floor, also about 1
1/2 inches thick. I want a glossy finish on it and can't decide between
oil-based or latex-based white paint.

Which one will give the best finish with the fewest coats of paint? Which
would be the most durable?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Bruce Brooks