HeatMan

Fine. I'll read about you and your family in the obituary's...

Mine has only gone off once and that was not a false alarm. Believe me, my
systems are top notch tuned up.

"Ann Onymous" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Remember one thing about CO detectors, they read what is specified by

CPSC.
That level of read out is unacceptable.

How so? CO detectors are designed to detect CO released from
malfunctioning combustion appliances. Pretty much any CO detector out
there will accomplish this job just fine.

If you're truly paranoid and want to have protection against even really
low levels of CO, then spend your money and buy one of the highly-
overpriced "low level" detectors. Chances are you'll quit using it when
it keeps alarming for no good reason.

The best defence against carbon monoxide poisoning is ensuring that your
furnace, gas fireplace, and any other combustion appliances are in good
working order and inspected professionally once per year. Carbon
monoxide detectors are simply a backup in case something goes wrong (in
which case, the alarm thresholds will be easily passed).