N. Thornton

Terry Pinnell wrote in message . ..
"Tony" wrote:

have a look at http://www.ladderstore.com/index_loft.php you will find a
link to a Printable Dimensions Sheet which will help.

Thanks for all those helpful replies. I'll also check if my local
Homebase or Focus Do-It-All have any of the compact types. The Argos
catalogues's single offering requires around a metre of free space,
which rules that out.

I found that Ladderstore site last night. Had me drooling for the
electrically operated version. Only £1,249.00! In fact the entire
range is attractive, but pretty expensive.

how about this?

make a ladder from 1.5x2.5 planed and 3" screws, cost £8. Now cut it
into say 3 pieces, fitting long meaty hinges like so:
_
| |
| |
|_||
| || -- hinge
| |
|_|| -- hinge
| ||
| |
|_|

Now put a board in the loft so its slides in onto a flat smooth
surfece.
£10 plus 1 hrs work.

NT