Craig Hart

Does it have an LM1203(n) RGB processor IC (look close to where the VGA
cable terminates, it's a big 24 or 28 pin package, physically similar in
dimensions to old 27xxx EPROMs)? If so, these blow regularly.

Also, if it has a 74(LS/HC/etc)08 IC biffering the sync signals from the VGA
cable (follow Hsync & Vsync path), these also blow regularly.

Otherwise, follow the RGB colour signals with a CRO, and see where they get
lost.

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I'm repairing this old monitor just because I don't wanna throw it away.
Strange symptoms, has HV, heater, and if I turn up the G2, a perfectly
normal looking raster, however there's no image at all when connected to a
known good source. Anyone seen this one?