Phisherman

Rustoleum Rusty Primer. Wire brush any loose rust off the post, then
paint. A day later paint the color you wish. Although flimsy,
painting is your easiest, cheapest option.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:32:56 -0400, "orangetrader"
wrote:

No need to insult.

The post is a flimsy wrought iron post that is badly corroded. I don't
think any spray paint would help. I have already spray painted it last year
and within a month it the corrosion came right back. This is Miami with
beating sun and driving rain day in day out.

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:04:23 -0400, "orangetrader"
wrote:

The previous owner of the house has a mailbox outside in the front yard

at
the side of the road. It has a wrought iron post and is all corroded and
the mail box itself is all chipped and corroded as well.

I brought a new wall mount mail box and mounted it next to the entrance.

then went to remove the one near the street. As I start to remove it it
seems to be anchored real deep. I thought it was just the wrought iron

post
pounded 18-24" into the ground, but now I think may be there is poured
concrete down there...so I started to dig...and the mail truck came and

he
stopped and asked me what I was doing. I explained to him and he told me

cannot switch to a wall mount, it has to be on the street even some of

my
neighbors have wall mounted boxes. Apparently those were "grandfathered

in"
and allowed but no new box can be mounted on the structure.

Now I need to buy a new mail box and post. Question is how can I build a
new post? Do I need to dig a deep hole, pour some concrete in and stick

in
an iron post? Is this the best way?

Thanks,

*** YOU IDIOT ***

If the post is that sturdy, leave the fu--ing thing alone.....
Buy a couple cans of spray paint, and paint the iron post.
Buy a new mailbox for about $10 and mount it to the post.
Job done. Total expense, under $20. Total time for a NORMAL person
to do the labor 2 hours or less. In YOUR case, you may need to hire a
professional mailbox installer to screw the box to the post and hire a
professional painter to spray the post. Total cost $2000. Total time
for you to spend calling contractors to do the job, 2 hours on the
phone.

BİİB