Nehmo Sergheyev

- Nehmo –
That's not quite true. It depends. But I'm simply talking about the
moral obligation to minimize hazards.

- Greg -
Spoken like a man who has hit more mailboxes than he has had to

replace.

- Nehmo –
Apparently you are saying the chore of replacing a mail box is something
I haven't experienced and if I had experienced it, I would be willing to
put others in peril to avoid doing it again. (You are also suggesting
that I've hit mail boxes.)

A public safety issue should be dealt with on a broader scale than
individual experience. Changing a mail box may be an unwanted choir to
someone, but being crippled for life is more unpleasant. And to a lesser
degree, paying taxes or insurance premiums to pay for injuries is more
unpleasant. Changing a mail box, or even something bigger like a street
light, is no big deal comparatively.

Some people mount their mail box on an arm that rotates to the side when
hit. That's one idea.

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *