Mike

Default Foundation piering/appraisal value

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. Looking for past
experiences and/or general feelings about the subject.

I have a house that has experienced flooding in the past leading to one half
of the house settling causing foundation and wall cracks, door misalignment,
etc. I am confident I can eliminate all but the most severe cases of excess
water getting near the house by landscaping.

Here's the question. How will getting the settled part of the house piered,
or not piered, effect the resale value? Will I get a dollar for dollar
return on the repair costs when I resell? The estimates I had from a couple
of years ago were in the $15,000 range. It has taken 2-3 years but the
settling has stopped. I'm just wondering if spending that kind of money will
remove the stigma already associated with the house or is it just a waste of
money.

Thanks
Mike