Default CTC195A bad flyback

Hi guys. Got a question for you all. CTC195A projection set. Came in, shuts
down instantly. Checked various things in horizontal, decided bad flyback.
Got an original RCA flyback, didn't come with any cap, resistor like I've
seen mentioned in another post. Just a HV wire if needed. Anyway, I put in.
Set runs like a champ, perfect picture and so forth, for 2 days. Put back
in. Lady calls back a day or so later. Flyback has burned a hole in the
side, and is arcing to metal heat sink nearby, about half an inch away.

Anyone seen this before? I'd rather try to figure out why it did that before
ruining another one. I have a HV splitter standing by in case that may have
an effect.

Thanks very much,

Danny