drifter

Default coalhole - service mains + damp proofing

(N. Thornton) wrote in message . com...
mat. wrote in message . ..
thanks for all the replies so far, been very helpful.

snip

in case i sell the flat in the future, will this lead pipe make it
difficult for a buyer to get a mortgage on the flat?

I dont see how lead piping would affect the odds of you making
mortgage payments, nor their ability to sell the house should it prove
necessary.

err...umm.. if I may demure...

When it comes to letting through a house sale, solicitors & bldg socs
are getting ever more pernickety about what is stated in house survey
reports & are asking ever more searching questions of sellers.
Partly this due to law changes & partly due to court decisions.

A friend had it noted that his roof didn't meet the current bldg regs
by the buyer's BS surveyor, even though it complied fully when it was
built 20 years ago. Guess what? It had to be modified before the
transaction went through. He had deep suspicions there was a surveyor
looking for work for his mates somewhere, but he's just thoroughly
uncharitable :-{{

FWIIW I'd suggest you at least take this opportunity to identify &
label each pipe etc & mark its status (dead/live/in - use nb date your
labels), even if you then decide to leave things as they are. Could
save you a little hassle when it comes to selling.