Lobby Dosser

(cindy drozda) wrote:

...And you can add to the list: Or has a spouse with a job, retirement
income, savings and house paid for from previous career, and on and
on..... And you can add to the list all artists in every medium that I
have spoken to about the subject. Since I "make my living" from
turning, I'm very interested in the subject.

Why is it that our society doesn't respect craftspeople as much as it
does lawyers, doctors, insurance people, etc.

I think it is based on perceived need. People need doctors, lawyers,
mechanics, etc. They can 'get along' without craftspeople. Though, it was
not always so.

LD

Just my $.002

CD